Simones cake creations

Simones cake creations
Rainbow cake

Tuesday 22 May 2012

Simones Version of a Strawberry Cupcake for Cake day

Today was cake day at my daughters school and as I lay my head on my pillow last night at 11.00pm, I realised that I hadnt made those pesky cupcakes i had intended to make. I vowed to get up early (7.ooam) and make some pink cupcakes for her stall. So I got up and got a packet mix, it doesnt really matter which one, I buy whatever is on special and go from there. I wanted stawberry cupcakes so I made the mix and thought, I could add strawberry essense but I might try out using some strawberry flavouring you put in milk..... so I bought some of my favourite stuff in the world added 3 tablespoons of some powdered strawberry Quik... just to see if it was strawberry enough, and also a dash of fushia food dye from Americolour. It looked very pink! I put them in little pans for the kids and that doubled my yield. I got 24 cupcakes instead of 12 muffins. But i mixed up some baby pink butercream and added some blue cashous. They looked adorable and i hoped that Hailey was happy to take them to the stall.....

 

4 comments:

  1. I'm just starting to get off my baking snobbery high horse and have begun to acknowledge that packet mixes have their time and place (and that is definitely one of them!). So easy :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I hear you Nessy, they have a time and a place, for the time poor, they are a godsend, when i have time i have scratch recipes that are excellent but seriously I aint measuring out flour and whatnot at 7am!

      Delete
  2. for a month before my hell that is birthday week I bake endless cupcakes and chuck em in the freezer.

    Defrost for 10 mins, ice and everyone thinks you baked that morning.

    HUZZAH!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. great idea but it smacks of organisation......a concept i am not familiar with!

      Delete