Simones cake creations

Simones cake creations
Rainbow cake

Thursday 15 March 2012

Strawberry Cupcakes from my Mate Betty.



This Post is for the special people out there who find it hard to get their heads around the cupcake, there are couture cupcake courses out there and there is a fair amount of cupcake snobbery going around at the moment. So this blog is dedicated to the time poor  domestic GODS AND GODDESSES out there who want the couture look but have half the time. Okay it all started because i cant walk past a bargain. I saw that Betty cake Mixes were on special and so i bought a few, because i am no cake snob... i have 4 kids and if i can use a packet mix at home i will! So i tried their new one, and it smells just like strawberries! 
I went to my BFF Marnie's house today and i decided to take some cupcakes, I was really pressed for time so I used my bargain cake mixes , Strawberries and Cream OMG Yum!!! And quickly threw them into the Kenwood mixer that i ressurected from my mums house and Beat me some batter... it was totally pink! Sweet as!

I just dolloped the icing on top of the cupcake, quite roughly... i was making it up as i went so i was pretty sure you wouldnt see it as messy by the time i figured out the rest.

I used the frosting provided because i dont like wastage and Its a yummy mix as well, so i thought i would stack some fondant flowers onto the cupcakes and make something girly and pretty.... i had very little time so i improvised.....


I used the little icing pens you can get from your local supermarket.... it saves alot of time and fiddling around with piping bags... we have no time people! i drew a flower on top of the cupcake and then thought i needed something else so i got some fondant out....
You guys can buy some premade icing flowers from the supermarket... or alternately you can buy some fondant and some cutters... they come in handy... your local supermarket has small packets of fondant for cheap and you can use basic food colouring to dye it the colour you want.... they even sell cupcake toppers online for cheap on those hand made websites.... its do-able people!

i used my balling tool to shape the flower so that the petals stood up them i just stuck it on top of the dollop of icing
one dot of icing on top for the centre of the flower and its lovely... if you like you can put a cashous in the middle of the flower for something shiny... but its up to you. xx
there they are ready for marnies house.



No comments:

Post a Comment